- Develop, analyze, and execute accounting and finance functions. Prepare managerial reports, financial reports, and general ledger
- Prepare and analyze journal entries, income statement, balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other financial reports on a regular basis
- Report and advise on organization's financial status
- Develop analytical financial tools for critical at risk balance sheet accounts
- Develop, implement, modify, and document accounting systems
- Adapt accounting and recordkeeping functions to current computerized accounting systems technology
- Assist with the treasury functions by overseeing weekly activity and reporting this activity to management
- Prepare and maintain claims liability lag reports
- Reconcile and review claims system reports and claims liability reports to checks paid and other empirical data
- May be involved with due diligence, integration activities with acquired companies, technical accounting research, and other business issues
- Conduct special studies, develop, or recommend enhancements to accounting methods and procedures
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. Master's degree preferred. 3+ years of accounting or finance experience, preferably in public accounting or healthcare industry.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.